G’day skiers and boarders alike,
How amazing is this snow!!! Just the car park at Louise was knee deep. March was incredible, April keeps it coming.
How incredible, well lets take moment and look at some of the stats from around the hills:
- Lake Louise saw a 23% increase in its base in March
- WhiteWater had a 26% increase in its base jumping from 228cm to 309.
- Sunshine had a better February but was a reasonable 18% increase from 170cm to 209cm.
Let’s stop now and focus in on Fernie, because they had a March that will be held to remember for the ages.
Of the 31 days in March, Fernie had 26 days with fresh snowfall!
Fernie’s base increase:
And incase you though April might be dying off, check out Sunshine Village LIVE from our friends at MountainWeather.ca
Resort of the week
Ok let’s get onto this week’s resort of the week, and no surprises it’s Fernie with another massive week, 135cm!
Top 10 Resorts with the most fresh snow
Ok now onto our top 10 resorts for the week:
- Fernie Alpine British Columbia 135
- Whitewater British Columbia 97
- Castle Mountain Alberta 89
- Sunshine Village Alberta 74
- Lake Louise Alberta 65
- Kicking Horse British Columbia 51
- Cypress Mountain British Columbia 41
- Whistler/Blackcomb British Columbia 39
- Revelstoke Mountain British Columbia 39
- Red Resort British Columbia 36
Have fun! Jussy